Maker: Ballou's Pictorial Drawing-Room Companion
Antique black & white engraving print. Shows a view of the Rialto Bridge and surrounding area in Venice overlooking boats on the Grand Canal. Published between 1855 and 1859. Gleason's Pictorial Drawing-Room Companion was a 19th-century illustrated periodical published in Boston, Massachusetts from 1851–1859. The magazine was founded by Frederick Gleason in 1851. The publication name was changed to Ballou's Pictorial Drawing-Room Companion in 1855, after managing editor Maturin Murray Ballou bought out the interest of Gleason. The magazine absorbed the Illustrated News of New York in 1853. It ceased publication in 1859. Fair to good condition, toned with verso text visible through the paper, approximately 7.75" x 11"
Item Number: PRN503