Maker: Gleason's Pictorial Drawing-Room Companion
Antique black & white engraving print. Shows a double view of ships off the coast of St. George, and the Harbor of Saint George as seen from the summit of Sugarloaf Hill. Published between 1851 and 1855. Gleason's Pictorial Drawing-Room Companion was a 19th-century illustrated periodical published in Boston, Massachusetts from 1851–1859. The magazine was founded by Frederick Gleason in 1851. The publication name was changed to Ballou's Pictorial Drawing-Room Companion in 1855, after managing editor Maturin Murray Ballou bought out the interest of Gleason. The magazine absorbed the Illustrated News of New York in 1853. It ceased publication in 1859. Fair condition, slight ghosting, includes narrative, approximately 15" x 11"
Item Number: PRN504