Maker: Valentine's Manual/Hayward.
A Map of the Common Lands between the three and six mile stones belonging to the Corporation of the City of New York. Hand colored antique city plan of New York City in 1796 by George Hayward, south of Harlem, showing numbered plots of common lands as well as areas of ownership, with owners' names. This is the Upper East Side. Middle Road became 5th Ave, East Road became 4th Ave which is now Park Ave. It seems to show as far north as 90th st and as far south as Madison Square Park, which was a burying ground in the later 1700s. Broadway is called Bloomingdale Rd on this map. Very good overall antique condition, approx. 7.25 x 19 inches.
Item Number: NYO375