Maker: Sanborn Map Co..
Antique hand colored map showing Wards 72 and 73, part of Brookline, Massachusetts, from the Brookline Mass. Atlas by the Sanborn Map Company of New York, 1925. Ward 72: Streets shown in this map are Beacon, Winthrop Rd., Garrison Rd., Tappan, Rawson Rd., and Claflin Rd. The landmark in this ward is Tappan Ter., a grouping of brick-faced flats. The majority of other buildings in this ward are dwellings or flats. Reverse side of this map shows Ward 73 of Brookline. Streets shown on this side are Tappan, Gardner Rd., Rawson Rd., Colbourne Crescent, Addington Rd., and Winthrop Rd. The landmarks in this ward are St. Francis R. C. Church and St. Francis Friary. The majority of buildings in the ward are flats or dwellings. This map was added to and corrected over time to update buildings and streets. There are small rectangles of paper with updates glued to the page and the updates were recorded and signed in a table at the front of the atlas. Fair Antique condition; page is wavy, few pencil marks from updates, some light toning at edges, edge has red leather atlas tab and an imprint from another atlas tab. Pencil marking can potentially be removed. Approx. 26.5" x 18". **SOLD**
Item Number: MAS1580